Sunday, October 20, 2019

Reflection on BG 9.26 by Julie Pasqual (Jamuna Jaya)

As a devotee, much of the time, I feel like a "hot mess" - my Sanskrit is not good, my tilak application (when I remember) looks like a two month old drew on my face, my attempts at garland making, kartal playing, and goodness know-  my singing would not be held up as exemplary!  I fear that I am offending in every which way - and then, I remember Gita verse 9.26 (in English of course, because my ability to memorize verses in Sanskrit is also pretty wanting!) - If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, I will accept it.  THANK YOU, KRSNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
       To quote Adi, at the Bhakti Center, "How wonderful is Krsna!"  Yes, I think how wonderful is this All Supreme who is the best of the best, yet will accept my humblest of offerings, because he can see that my intention is pure.  Gaura Vani once said that just like we made those macaroni necklaces for our mothers on Mother's Day, and our Mom's wore those uncooked, painted pieces around their necks like they were the Crown Jewels, Krsna is accepting our offerings, because he can see to the heart of the matter.  I remember this verse when I feel foolish, when I feel like hiding, when I feel like I have failed my Guru.  Indeed, how wonderful is Krsna that he accepts my offerings - hot messes though they be.

No comments:

Post a Comment